POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : grass and rocks (168kb jpg) : Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:13:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grass and rocks (168kb jpg)
From: stbenge
Date: 28 Jan 2009 00:34:41
Message: <497fee71@news.povray.org>
m_a_r_c wrote:

> 497e6bb6@news.povray.org...
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I run a lot of tests over here, though very few ever make it to the
>> public. I figured this image was worth posting, even if it is unfinished.
>>

> It is very interesting.
> A mix of rock and  lot of moisture to have such a tender grass.
> Maybe the only lacking things are a kind of felt made of dead grass at the
> bottom of the cracks and maybe some slightly irisated reflections in water

Yes, dead grass would make it look better. More soil showing would also
help. The water idea is good, but too much iridescence on the water's
surface could give the impression of an oil spill :S

> The proximity pattern works /(rocks?)
> My ankles feel painful at the thought of a walk on that terrain :-s

Ah, come on, it's fun! Gotta hop on the tops of the rocks. Can't fall
into the deadly green lava :)

> I definitely have to have a look at your proximity macros :-D

Yeah, there are many more things to use them for. It would be great if
POV had a proximity pattern built-in, like older versions of Mega-POV did.